Fans of the famous MMORPG World of Warcraft have been anticipating the upcoming announcement of the next expansion pack. Well today was the day that we have all been waiting for as Blizzard announced the next expansion pack will be called Legion.
In Legion, the level cap will be raised to level 110 as well as a new class called Demon Hunter. Below are the key points of the presentation…
- New continent: The Broken Isles
- New class: Demon Hunter
- Artifacts: customizable weapons that grow in power as you do
- Class-specific Order Halls and followers
- All New Dungeons and Raids
- New World Bosses
- Level cap raised to 110
- Revamped PvP progression system
- Improved transmogrification system
- Improved social features
- Character Boost–immediately raise one character to level 100
- Beta starts this year–you can opt in here
Blizzard also released this description of the new Demon Hunter class..
“Dominate your foes as a Demon Hunter, an elven outcast shunned for daring to wield the terrible powers of the Legion. Exhibiting superior mobility and a preternatural sense of awareness, Demon Hunters can tap into forbidden powers at times of dire need, metamorphosing into terrifying fel forms. Focus on Havoc to demolish any who stand in your way with fiery demonic attacks, or specialize in Vengeance and go toe to toe with even the most powerful demons, withstanding massive punishment as their attacks fuel your hatred.”
Also announced is a new continent named Black Isles which will include 6 different regions. Those regions are The Broken Shore, Azsuna, Suramar, Stormheim, Val’Sharah, and Highmountain.
Blizzard will be hosting a developer discussion on Sunday, August 9.