Secret Base have announced a “permadeath multiplayer horror beat’em up” for Switch and Playstation 4 titled Streets of Red: Devil’s Dare Deluxe. The game releases on February 27 for $8.99.
You can view an overview of the game and the teaser trailer down below…
In Streets of Red: Devil’s Dare Deluxe, the only thing scarier than being eaten alive is running out of quarters! It’s a permadeath multiplayer horror beat’em up that bestows players with the skills of retro gaming heroes in a fight against a legion of undead monstrosities. By paying tribute and playing parody to the great horror games and films that came before it, Streets of Red: Devil’s Dare Deluxe balances lighthearted comedy against tension so thick that you could cut through it with a knife, axe, or even a chainsaw! The chills, thrills, bills, and opportunity to learn new skills here won’t stop until every street runs red with blood! Are you up for the challenge of an anti-lifetime?
If a video game wants to generate real horror for its players, it first has to give them something to care about. Arcade beat ’em ups once had a natural advantage over their console cousins in that regard. After all, in-game deaths mean a lot more when your real life quarters are on the line. Streets of Red: Devil’s Dare Deluxe takes that brand of old school tension and transports it to consoles in 2018 with an arcade-style currency system, tribute-parodies to classic horror and video game characters, and an ever-evolving level structure that makes every run a new experience.
- Simple Super Smash Bros.-style controls make for easy to learn but hard to master action!
- Dynamically evolving difficulty adjusts to the number of players in game!
- Parodies of characters from Stranger Things, Rick and Morty, Attack on Titan, and many more!
- Use in-game money for upgrades or continues. Run out of quarters and your save game dies with you!
- Six unique playable characters and over thirteen bosses, some so big that they barely fit on screen!